Asbestos Management Surveys For Bristol
Local Asbestos Testing Service
Reporting And Consultancy
Commercial Asbestos Surveys In The Bristol Area
We provide Asbestos Management Reports primarily for commercial buildings, although we frequently tailor individual reports for domestic dwellings. Our reports follow HSE 265 conventions and are undertaken when the duty holder (not necessarily the landlord or owner of the building) suspects that asbestos (or ACM) may be present within the building and is therefore legally required to hold an Asbestos Register and Asbestos Management Plan in order that they can monitor and manage the presence of a risk.
All our Management Reports contain a risk assessment for any ACM detected during the site visit and associated recommendations for the contamination. Any suspect ACM will be identified under presumption by the surveyor and listed in the register contained within the report, along with relevant HSE information outlining the responsibilities of the duty holder and the limitations of the information provided within the report.
Optional extras include floor plans, UKAS laboratory analysis of suspected materials and a bespoke Management Plan.
What Are They And Why Do I Need One?
Any building built or renovated prior to the year 2000 may contain ACMs and it is the legal responsibility of the duty holder of the building to make sure that the risks associated with working in a potentially hazardous environment are properly and legally managed. This is to ensure that:
- No harm can come to anybody within the building due to the presence of dangerous material
- The ACM is continually monitored to ensure it’s condition does not deteriorate to the point where it becomes hazardous
- The ACM is not disturbed during the routine day to day activities or during any maintenance, demolition or renovation work within the building (including externally)
During the site visit (which typically takes under an hour) the surveyor will locate any ACM that is accessible without damaging or altering the building. The surveyor will take photographs of suspected ACMs and if instructed (or if the surveyor feels absolutely necessary) samples will be collected and sent to the UKAS lab for analysis.
The basic report that is drawn up after the site visit will contain:
- An Asbestos Register
- ACM risk assessment with recommendations
The enhanced report will contain all of the above, plus the following:
- UKAS Laboratory Certificates
- Site Plan
A separate Management Plan must be produced based upon the content within the Management Report. Each business will have unique operational criteria and this plan is usually produced in-house by the managers. We can produce Asbestos Management Plans on behalf of our clients.
- If no asbestos is found then this will be clearly stated in the report
- Only a P402 qualified Asbestos Surveyor should undertake Management Surveys and produce the associated reports
- All surveys are carried out in the strictest of confidence. To avoid alarming the building occupants, our survey will not discuss the purpose of the survey unless given specific clearance. If asked, we always say we’re doing a general building survey for ‘the insurance company’. We will never say we are looking for asbestos unless clearance is given prior to a site visit
Bristol Surveys – Consultants For The Latest Advice
We provide Management Reports for a wide range of clients. Often they are asked for the report when they are selling or leasing the building as a part of the terms of sale. We have produced multiple reports for:
- Large industrial units
- Small terraced retail shops
- Health Care facilities
- Warehouse and storage depots
if you need or think you need, a Bristol commercial asbestos survey then please call us for an over the phone quote, typical turn around for the basic report is 1 – 2 days with genuine prices starting at £165 inc VAT.
Monday 09:00 – 19:00
Tuesday 09:00 – 19:00
Wednesday 09:00 – 19:00
Thursday 09:00 – 19:00
Friday 09:00 – 19:00
Saturday 09:00 – 19:00
FAST TRACK SERVICE AVAILABLE
ACCREDITED ASBESTOS ASSESSORS
Coldra Consult is fully insured by HISCOX and legally qualified (P402, P403, P404) to undertake Asbestos Management Surveys and Bulk Sampling. As Coldra Consult is a small organisation, under current HSE 264 guidelines we do not require UKAS accreditation, however, all our samples are processed in UKAS accredited laboratories.